Thursday, September 9, 2010

A whole new world

This is my first foray into the world of blogging so what better place to start than a new beginning?

I am associated with a wonderful group of Lab rescuers called (oddly enough) Life is Lab Rescues(www.facebook.com/labtrain). Having three labs of my own, I have a fondness for the gentle fools.

I was lucky enough to transport a needy fellow from North Carolina to Georgia. I picked him up in Lumberton, NC and he was afraid of every noise he heard. He would barely look at me and had to be bribed with food just to look at my phone for his first shots....

Well, 6 hours later when I dropped him off, he was giving me kisses and wagging his tail. I'm pretty sure that we're now friends for life. As he's running across a field playing with his new human one day, he's going to think back about the crazy lady who drove him across a few states and who sang horribly out of tune. At least, I hope that's what he thinks....it'd be nice if he thought that I had a pretty singing voice but I heard myself on a voicemail once and let's just say that he's most likely not going to go in that direction.

I am not sure whose life was more touched by the trip, his or mine. All I do know is that I met a little guy with a big heart who just needed a little TLC. Here are a couple of shots before I left him as the rescue faciltiy.

Shot of Levi and I just chilling for a while before I left him.

Good Luck Levi and thanks for the great ride.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Julie! Nicely done. What a beautiful dog. He's gonna find a great home soon.

    ReplyDelete